Managerial Grid workshop, based on the concept propounded by Dr R Blake and Dr J Mouton, is a very powerful experiential learning exercise to help managers develop competencies to work effectively as a leader and building performing teams while achieving personal and professional excellence.
It normally requires participants to do pre workshop homework for about 4-6 hours for making it really effective.
Managerial Grid Workshop Goals:
- To Clarify Managerial Grid Concepts
- Experience the Grid Attributes In Action
- Increasing Team Effectiveness
- Managing Intra & Inter Team Conflicts productively
- Learning the art of problem solving approaches
- Achieving Personal & Managerial Effectiveness.
The workshop seeks to:
- Help the participants understand the Managerial Grid concept and Develop competencies required to work effectively as a leader in a performing team,
- Inculcate articulation and assertiveness skills among participants for effective leadership and communication skills,
- Sensitize towards the role of genuine consensus building and its effect on decision making processes,
- Facilitate the participants to comprehend the value of critique for continuous improvement and develop feedback skills,
- Help them appreciate the positive role of conflicts and develop win-win conflict resolution mindset, and finally,
- Develop insights to view problems in a holistic manner and build problem solving competencies.
The methodology of the workshop include:
- Group exercises
- Role plays, and
- Management Games
The duration of the workshop could be 2/3 days depending upon the participants’ profile.
Mr R P Singh is a Certified Grid Instructor trained by Dr Bruce Carlsen, President, Grid International, USA and Dr P N Singh.
A Fellow of ISTD, Mr Singh is currently head of HRD at J K Cement and Regional Training Centre – North, Nimbahera, Rajasthan.