The ability to negotiate effectively is a core competency directly influencing organizational success. This workshop offers a step-by-step guide to effective negotiation in all its facets. You will learn about the dynamics and nature of negotiations through small group work and hands-on action learning. Special opportunities will be given for participants to work on their actual current negotiation scenarios.
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
This program will be of greater relevance to those engaged in buying negotiations, even though anyone whose work requires that they negotiate with or need to influence other will benefit significantly.
The broad content of the workshop will be as follows:
- Attitude and skill check for a successful negotiator
- How to learn to be negotiate-applying the adult learning model.
- Critical components underlying the negotiation process
- Development of a conceptual framework for negotiation
- Process observation – a key negotiation skill
- Nonverbal communication in negotiation
- Negotiation tactics – influencing the balance of power
- Choosing the right opening move
- Effective preparation – development of a systemic framework
- Demonstration of a live negotiation with critiqued review
- Making and getting meaningful concessions
- Creating lasting commitment to implementation
- Pacing the formal negotiation session through phases
- Team preparation and negotiation
- Developing future negotiation action plans
- Ice breaker Game,
- What are Negotiations? Concepts and Importance – Content versus Process
- Motivation and Negotiations
- What drives our Negotiations?
- Diagnosing needs of the other party
- Negotiation Attitudes and Styles
- Self-awareness of personal attitudes towards winning and losing
- Competitive and Co – operative styles, Situations and Choice of Styles, Conflict Resolution
- Negotiating in Teams – Norms and Co – ordination
- Communication in Negotiations
- Listening skills & sensitivity to non-verbal information
- Hidden agenda in verbal and non-verbal
- Responding, Summarizing and Questioning
- Learning summary and formation of review groups for day II
- Conclusion of Day I
- Review of Day I and Consolidation
- Negotiation Environment
- Time and Timings, Choice of venue & venue preparation, Mood and setting
- Blue print for Negotiations
- Defining objectives and range
- Deciding Strategy and Tactics, choosing negotiators
- Planning and Preparation
- Process management – Opening, general and counter tactics
- Breaking stalemates and deadlocks, Giving and getting concessions
- Phases of the negotiation process
- Learning summary, open house and feedback
- Conclusion of the workshop
This will be a two days’ workshop.
- Highly interactive and participative – Games, Individual exercises, Case Studies, Group discussions and Presentations
- Individual and Group role plays based on practical situations, and Feedback