Presentations are a powerful way of getting the message across, whether at a conference, in the boardroom, during a training session or at a staff briefing. Most managers are expected to give presentations in a variety of contexts. The experience can be a very stimulating and rewarding one and yet it is often the part of the job that seems most daunting.
This 1.5-day course will enable delegates to increase their confidence and skills in relation to making effective presentations. The course will focus on a number of different key aspects: planning and designing the presentation; selection of audio-visual aids; development of visual materials; anticipating the audience; handling the materials smoothly; creating impact with verbal and non-verbal communication; inviting audience participation; handling questions or objections. Delegates will plan and deliver a presentation relevant to their own professional needs.
The course will be highly interactive and delegates will work individually, in pairs and in small groups. Video will be used as a means of analyzing presentations and providing constructive feedback.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Plan and design a presentation
- Identify the key messages within the presentation
- Select appropriate audio-visual aids to create impact
- Practice communication skills to increase impact and sustain audience interest
- Identify and avoid potential problems in using technical equipment during the presentation
- Deliver a presentation confidently and effectively
- Invite audience participation and deal with objections or questions confidently
- Bingo- Icebreaker
- First Presentation with video coverage:
- Topic: Self & Company Introduction
- See yourself as others see you!
- Re-play of the first presentation with feedback on:
- Verbal, vocal & visual impact
- Developing rapport with the audience
- Message, conviction & response
- Skills of presentation
- Consolidate feedback with Video film
- Structured preparation for Second Presentation
- Re formatting matter using the suggested structure & template
- Practicing Stress Management & Voice projection using:
- Instant Relaxation & Yogic techniques
- Voice modulation exercises
- Second Presentation without video coverage .Time Limit: 07 minutes
- Topic: Of Choice
- Simulation of handling awkward questions & difficult audiences
- Managing time & practicing on-line editing
- Being prepared for eventualities
- Skills for Winning Presentations – You ask we answer! Interactive session with techniques & demonstrations will also include:T O T the Train of Thought
- Consolidate with Video film
- Third Presentation with video coverage. Topic: Extempore! Time for Preparation: 60 minutes. Time Limit: 05 minutes. Must use: T O T method of planning, preparation & delivery
- Facilitator & group feedback
- Action planning & conclusion
Participants will be required to come to the program with at least one pre-prepared presentation on any subject of their choice.