Getting the most out of a 24-hour day is a constant challenge in our busy world: a bottomless inbox, tons of email, millions of meetings, etc. Too much to do and not enough time to do it is a common problem many people face in the workforce. Although we can’t give you more hours in the day, we can teach you how to decide what to do and when to do it. This high-energy, back-to-basics training program explains the fundamentals of time management: understanding the value of time, proven ways to get the most out of a day, how to balance work and home, techniques for eliminating time wasters, how to conquer procrastination, and more.
This is a practical time management training course that introduces proven techniques for mastering time. The approach will involve presentations and discussion to introduce the concepts of time management and practical exercises and syndicate work to develop personal skills.
The course will be highly participative involving individual and small group work including role plays, discussions, etc.
Having completed this time management training course participants will be able to:
- Identify their own particular time wasters and adopt strategies for eliminating them from their work pattern.
- Recognize the variety of causes of procrastination and apply relevant techniques to overcome these.
- Clarify and priorities their objectives and goals.
- Adopt appropriate strategies for dealing with interruptions.
- Use practical techniques for organizing work.
- Reduce time spent in meetings yet contribute more effectively.
- Delegate work more effectively to staff
Do It Now:
- How good is your time management?
- Getting started.
- Overcoming Procrastination.
- Clearing the clutter.
Objectives and Goals:
- Objectives – where do you want to be?
- Personal and business goals.
- Prioritizing activities – urgency and importance.
Evaluate Current Usage Of Time:
- Keeping a time log.
- Identifying your personal time wasters.
- Dealing with interruptions.
Organizing Your Work:
- Daily/weekly planning.
- Effective time management systems.
- Different meetings for different purposes.
- Structure and control.
- Leadership and time management.
- How to delegate effectively.
- Developing your staff.
- Different styles for different people.
- Developing and maintaining your time management habits.